Welcome to the Charleston Running Club!
The Charleston Running Club, created by runners for runners, exists for the purpose of the promotion, encouragement, organization and education of running and running activities for sport, recreation, competition and health in the local community.
Since 1977 the Charleston Running Club has been promoting running in the local running community. Early on we were instrumental in starting two of the area's largest races, the Cooper River Bridge Run and the Kiawah Marathon. While we don't direct either of these races anymore, we are represented on the board of the Bridge Run and we host the Charlie Post Classic 15K/5K in January along with the Floppin’ Flounder 5K in June.
With 650+ members, we welcome all running abilities. Our diverse group includes first time runners along with some of South Carolina’s elite runners. We all come together monthly to share our running stories, find new running partners, listen to a guest speaker or go for a group run. In addition to the social benefits, our members receive discounts on races, free training clinics, a great breakfast after the Cooper River Bridge Run and discounts from local retailers.
Charleston, South Carolina is the home of some of the most magnificent running routes in the country. Whether you are a lifelong resident or a short term visitor, we want you to explore the Lowcountry by running through our historic city streets, along our scenic beaches or across the Cooper River Bridge.
Please peruse the information we have gathered for you on the links to your left. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us anytime.
Club Membership Benefits
- DISCOUNTS TO OVER 30 LOCAL RACES
- DISCOUNTS AT LOCAL RETAILERS
- CLUB HOLIDAY PARTY
- GROUP RUN
- INDOOR WARMING AREA/ BAG DROP FOR CERTAIN COLD WEATHER RACES
- BREAKFAST AFTER COOPER RIVER BRIDGE RUN
- TRAINING CLINICS
- MONTHLY SOCIAL EVENTS
2017 Bohicket Marina & Market 5K/10K Seabrook Island, SC
Still on For This Saturday September 16 2017 8AM
The 7th Annual Bohicket Marina 5K & 10K Run will offer participants a fantastic view of the scenery on the exclusive Seabrook Island. The 5K & 10K races will both start at 8:00AM and following the races there will be an after party on the boardwalk at the Bohicket Marina!
All proceeds will benefit the charities of both the Kiawah-Seabrook Exchange club and the Charleston Running Club.
The Bohicket Marina is located at 1880 Andell Bluff Blvd, Johns Island, SC
The event will take place on Saturday, September 16th and the start time for both runs will be 8:00AM.
First 200 registrants will receive a short sleeve technical shirt.
Event parking will be at the Bohicket Marina.
USTF Certified Course – Chip Timed – 5 Year Age Categories
Awards – Top 3 Age Categories (M/F) and Top 3 Overall (M/F) to be presented following the completion of both races.
There will be an after party on the Boardwalk at Bohicket Marina following the Awards Ceremony!
Packet Pick-Up will take place on Thursday, September 14th from 11:30-6PM at Fleet Feet -
881 Houston Northcutt Boulevard
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464.
Packet Pick up will resume on race day (September 16th) at Bohicket Marina (1880 Andell Bluff Blvd, Johns Island, SC) from 6:30AM-7:45AM.
Don't forget to visit the Member's Only page for your discount code!!
Click Here to Register
Click Here to Volunteer
September Travelin' Group Run
Tuesday September 19th 2017
Come out and join us as we do a Group Run on the West Ashley Greenway!
We will meet outside Harris Teeter (975 Savannah Hwy) at 6:30PM and run 3 miles out and back. (course details provided before run)
We will meet up afterwards back at Triangle Char & Bar for Appetizers on us!!
2017 Charleston Running Club Grand Prix
The Grand Prix Race Series is a friendly competition among CRC members. It also promotes participation in local area races with in the tri-county area.
Grand Prix Race Qualifier:
Located in Tri-County Area and listed on the 2017 CRC Race Calendar as a Grand Prix race.
5-year age groups results
USATF Certified Course
1. Any active CRC member who participates in a Grand Prix race is eligible and will be scored. Pay the one-time registration fee of $15 to the Charleston Running Club. Pay your race registration, run and you are included.
2. Your best (10) race finishes will determine your final score. You can run fewer races and still accumulate enough points to place. However, you must run at least (10) races to be eligible for a season award.
3. Your age as of the first 2017 Grand Prix race will determine your age group for the year. Age group breakdowns for males and females are: 14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90 and over.
4. To be scored, you have to be an active (paid) member the day before a race.
5. After each Race you email your time and placement to Dani Girard- Grand Prix Coordinator
Results will be posted on the CRC website as promptly as possible.
Questions –email Dani Girard- Grand Prix Coordinator
Click Here for Details, to Register and Check Scoring!