The Grand Prix Race Series is a friendly competition among CRC members. It also promotes participation in local area races that have offered a discount to running club members.
1. Any active CRC member who participates in a Grand Prix race is eligible and will be scored. Pay your race registration, run and you are included.
2. There are over 20 featured races in 2016. Your best (10) race finishes will determine your final score. You can run fewer races and still accumulate enough points to place. However, you must run at least (5) races to be eligible for a season award. For the 19 and under and 70 and over age groups the minimum will be (4) races.
3. Your age as of the first Grand Prix race (January 30th) will determine your age group for the year. Age group breakdowns for males and females are: 14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90 and over
4. To be scored, you have to be an active (paid) member the day before a race.
5. Results will be posted on the CRC website as promptly as possible.
Questions –email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Overall – In every race the top five males and females (overall) will be scored:
- 125 pts for 1st,
- 120 pts for 2nd
- 115 pts for 3rd
- 110 pts for 4th
- 105 pts for 5th
2. Age Groups – The next ten male and female members in each age group will be scored:
- 100 pts for 1st
- 90 pts for 2nd
- 80 pts for 3RD
- 70 pts for 4th
- 60 pts for 5th
- 50 pts for 6th
- 40 pts for 7th
- 30 pts for 8th
- 20 pts for 9th
- 10 pts for 10th.
- All remaining finishers in each age group will be awarded 5 points.
3. Participation score - These are based on race distance.
- Half Mar=7pt
- 20mi= 8 pt
- Marathon=9pt. All participation points add in to the final score.
Series Awards Season –
Top 3 overall male and females,
Top 3 Masters (male and females 40 and better) and up to 3 deep for each age division will receive awards.
Visit the Members Only page to sign up!!