Volunteer opportunities are listed below with contact information. Members and non-members are welcome to volunteer.
Meeting Street Academy
Lori Lafevre of Meeting Street Academy recently started a running program for some students at the school. These students are training for their first 5K and they need your help! Lori would like to find runners to run with these students during the school day, and help them navigate their first 5K Race. They are also seeking donations for shoes and race registration fees. This is an exciting opportunity! Please contact Lori at Lori Lafevre for more information.
Meeting Street Academy's mission is: "Empowering young people from under-resourced neighborhoods to become confident, productive and principled members of society through excellence in academics." For more information about the school, click here: Meeting Street Academy.
Meeting Street Academy has another time slot open to run with their students in their running club. They are seeking people to run any day(s) Monday - Friday at 10:15 AM. If interested, contact Lori Lafevre
Bohicket Marina 10K/5K 2016
The 6th Annual Bohicket Marina 5K & 10K Run will offer participants a fantastic view of the scenery on the exclusive Seabrook Island. The 5K & 10K races will both start at 8:00AM and following the races there will be an after party on the boardwalk at the Bohicket Marina!
All proceeds will benefit the charities of both the Kiawah-Seabrook Exchange club and the Charleston Running Club.
The Bohicket Marina is located at 1880 Andell Bluff Blvd, Johns Island, SC
- The start time for both runs will be 8:00AM.
- First 200 registrants will receive a short sleeve technical shirt.
- Event parking will be at the Bohicket Marina.
- USTF Certified Course – Chip Timed – 5 Year Age Categories
- Awards – Top 3 Age Categories (M/F) and Top 3 Overall (M/F) to be presented following the completion of both races.
- There will be an after party on the Boardwalk at Bohicket Marina following the Awards Ceremony!
If you're NOT running this year's race ..... now's the time to VOLUNTEER!