34th Annual Charlie Post Classic
January 28th 2017 8:30AM
Sullivan's Island Fish Fry Shack
The Charlie Post Classic 15K and 5k is the signature running event of the Charleston Running Club. Now in its 34th year, this race honors the memory of Dr. Charlie Post, a well-known Charleston runner, triathlete and family physician who volunteered his time and medical talents to the running community.
Dr. Post had been a very active member of the Charleston Running Club, served as the head of the College of Charleston’s student health services, and also was the school’s team physician for varsity sports.
As a memorial, the Charleston Running Club funds an annual scholarship in his memory through the athletic department of the College of Charleston.
Location: Sullivan's Island Fish Fry Shack, Middle Street & Hennessy Street
- Now till Thanksgiving Day at midnight: $20*/$25
- Black Friday until December 31st: $25*/$30
- January 1st thru January 26th: $30*/$35
- PPU and Race Day: (no CRC member discount) $40*/$40
*member discount code: firstnamelastname: all lowercase, no spaces.
Use name as listed on your membership- example: johnsmith
Click Here if you have trouble using your discount code
Age group and award breakdown:
- Top three overall male and female
- First Master (40 years and older) male and female
- First Grandmaster (50 years and older) male and female
- First Great Grandmaster (60 years and older) male and female
- Peyton Moore Memorial Award (First male and female 12 years old or under to cross the finish line)
- Top 3 in the following age groups(14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90 and over. )
- January 27 11:30 AM EST - Packet Pick Up: 11:30AM - 6:00PM (Location TBD)
- January 28 06:30 AM EST - Packet Pick Up: Before the Race
- January 28 08:30 AM EST - 15K/5K Race Start
Registration is Now Open!!
We need LOTS of volunteers!
If you have a friend/family member running this is the BEST way to support them!
Charlie Post Classic 5K Preview Group Run,
Tuesday October 18th, 6:30 PM
Come out and join us as we do a Group Run of the Charlie Post 5K course. Beverages and Snacks afterwards at Dunleavy's Pub. MAKE SURE TO WEAR REFLECTIVE GEAR since it will be close to nightfall.
2017 Charlie Post Classic 15K/5K Planning Committee Meeting
November Meeting TBD
Come on out for an awesome opportunity to add your personal touch to one of Charleston's oldest and most beloved races!
Positions to be filled:
- Budget/Finance Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator/Recruiter
- Sponsorship Recruiter
- Media Coordinator
Contact Kat Wirtz at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
CRC Featured Race Grand Prix!!!
The Grand Prix Race Series is a friendly competition among CRC members. It also promotes participation in local area races that have offered a discount to running club members.
1. Any active CRC member who participates in a Grand Prix race is eligible and will be scored. Pay your race registration, run and you are included.
2. There are over 50 featured races in 2016. Your best (10) race finishes will determine your final score. You can run fewer races and still accumulate enough points to place. However, you must run at least (10) races to be eligible for a season award. For the 19 and under and 70 and over age groups the minimum will be (5) races.
3. Your age as of the first Grand Prix race (January 30th) will determine your age group for the year. Age group breakdowns for males and females are: 14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90 and over
4. To be scored, you have to be an active (paid) member the day before a race.
5. After each Race you email your time and placement to Dani Girard- VP Programs
Results will be posted on the CRC website as promptly as possible.
Questions –email Dani Girard- VP Programs
1. Overall – In every race the top three males and females (overall) will be scored:
- 150 pts for 1st,
- 120 pts for 2nd
- 110 pts for 3rd
2. Age Groups – The top three male and female members in each age group will be scored:
- 100 pts for 1st
- 90 pts for 2nd
- 80 pts for 3rd
All remaining finishers in each age group will be awarded 50 points.
3. Participation score - These are based on race distance.
- 5 pts 5K
- 10 pts 5M or 10K
- 15 pts 15K or 10M
- 20 pts Half Marathon
- 25 pts 20M
- 30 pts Marathon
Series Awards Season –
Top 3 Overall Male/Female
Top 3 Masters Male/Female (40-49)
Top 3 Grand Masters Male/Female (50-59)
Top 3 Great Grand Masters Male/Female (60+)
For 2016 all participants completing the minimum race requirements will receive CRC Grand Prix awards that will differ in design from year to year.
Visit the Members Only page to Join view Results!!