The Grand Prix Race Series is a friendly competition among CRC members. It also promotes participation in local area races with in the tri-county area.
Grand Prix Race Qualifier:
- Located in Tri-County Area and listed on the 2017 CRC Race Calendar as a Grand Prix race.
- 5-year age groups results
- USATF Certified Course
1. Any active CRC member who participates in a Grand Prix race is eligible and will be scored. Pay the one-time registration fee of $15 to the Charleston Running Club. Pay your race registration, run and you are included.
2. Your best (10) race finishes will determine your final score. You can run fewer races and still accumulate enough points to place. However, you must run at least (10) races to be eligible for a season award.
3. Your age as of the first 2017 Grand Prix race will determine your age group for the year. Age group breakdowns for males and females are: 14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90 and over.
4. To be scored, you have to be an active (paid) member the day before a race.
5. After each Race you email your time and placement to Dani Girard- Grand Prix Coordinator
Results will be posted on the CRC website as promptly as possible.
Questions –email Dani Girard- Grand Prix Coordinator
1. Overall – In every race the top three males and females (overall) will be scored:
- 175 pts for 1st,
- 150 pts for 2nd
- 125 pts for 3rd
- 110 Master’s
- 110 Grand Master’s
- 110 Senior Grand Master’s
2. Age Groups – The top three male and female members in each age group will be scored:
- 100 pts for 1st
- 90 pts for 2nd
- 80 pts for 3rd
All finishers in each age group will be awarded 50 points.
3. Participation score - These are based on race distance.
- 5 pts 5K
- 10 pts 5M or 10K
- 15 pts 15K or 10M
- 20 pts 20K or Half Marathon
- 25 pts 20M
- 30 pts Marathon
Series Awards Season –
Top 3 Overall Male/Female
Top 3 Masters Male/Female (40-49)
Top 3 Grand Masters Male/Female (50-59)
Top 3 Senior Grand Masters Male/Female (60+)